BNA is an integral part of the Nashville community, dedicated to improving the city and connecting with like-minded businesses and organizations.
Learn more about our volunteer and outreach programs:
BNA Aces Volunteers
Have Questions? Ask an Ace!
Individuals who volunteer their time are rare in today's fast-paced, busy world - most people have families, jobs or other interests. At Nashville International Airport (BNA), more than 100 volunteers share their spare time, experience, and knowledge of the airport to assist passengers and guests.
Since 2000, the BNA Aces, a volunteer group of men and women, have been helping make the traveling experience more pleasant at BNA.
Aces are easily spotted in their royal blue jackets, vests and shirts and carrying their information notebooks. Each Ace is assigned an area for their shift and can be seen throughout the airport at entrances, security checkpoints and baggage claim.
Are you interested in becoming a BNA Ace?
- Provide assistance to our traveling public daily.
- Participate in airport special events and projects.
- Have many opportunities to have fun and truly enjoy their volunteer experience!
BNA Aces are required to volunteer a minimum of four (4) hours per week. Since the airport operates twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, our volunteers come in as early as 4 a.m. and stay as late as 5 p.m. We have adopted an open schedule format which allows our volunteers to choose shifts that work best for them.
If you are interested in becoming a BNA Ace, please complete and submit the online application below and you will be placed in our applicant database. We bring new volunteers on board periodically throughout the year. You will be contacted when an open opportunity is available.
For more information about the BNA Ace program, please contact the Aces Manager at 615-275-4522.
BNA 5K on the Runway
2019 BNA 5K on the Runway
Thanks to all who joined us for BNA 5K on the Runway on April 6, 2019. With community support, we raised $82,000 for K9s for Warriors, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing service canines at no cost to veterans suffering from trauma as a result of military service post 9/11.
BNA Aviation Golf Classic
2019 BNA Aviation Golf Classic Tournament
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Hermitage Golf Course - General's Retreat
BNA's 24th annual Aviation Classic Golf Tournament teed off at Hermitage Golf Course on Thursday, October 17, 2019.
Since its inception, the Aviation Golf Classic has raised more than $1 million dollars for education and community initiatives in Middle Tennessee. Thanks to the generosity and dedication of our community partners, the BNA Aviation Golf Classic continues to be successful and to help our neighbors more each year.
BNA and Donelson Middle School: Community Partners
Through Project Pencil, BNA coordinates programs and activities that benefit the students of Donelson Middle School.
BNA sees the importance of education and is passionate about bringing the arts into the classroom. BNA has ongoing efforts to foster and promote art and music among Donelson students and the Nashville community.
The Pencil Foundation's Adopt-A-School program pairs public schools with community partners. The program's emphasis is on the contribution of human talent and resources rather than money.
Terminal Garage Exterior Lighting Request
BNA's Terminal Garage features exterior lighting that is utilized to honor various holidays, significant happenings and observances throughout the year. Lighting requests from individuals and groups seeking to recognize a specific cause or commemorate a specific event with broad community interest may be considered on a limited basis.
Terminal Garage Exterior Lighting Request Policy
- In order to be considered, requests should be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of the requested lighting pattern start date.
- Lighting requests from individuals and groups requesting to recognize a specific cause or to commemorate a specific event with broad community interest may be considered on a limited basis.
- Specifically excluded requests include lighting patterns for the purpose of celebrating individual birthdays, personal anniversaries or other events that are primarily private in nature.
- Requests may be denied for any reason at BNA's sole discretion.
- If the request is approved, the duration will not be less than one (1) or greater than five (5) consecutive days within a rolling month.
- BNA will notify the requesting party of the status of the lighting request (i.e., approved or denied, and any applicable dates if approved) prior to the date(s) requested and will serve as the primary contact for any future modifications to the request.
- BNA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a previously approved request.
- In the event of an equipment failure that prevents an approved lighting pattern from being displayed on a specified date, BNA will communicate this information to the requesting party and attempt to reschedule the lighting pattern for another date to the extent possible based on availability.
- In the event that an approved request must be rescheduled due to an urgent or superseding need, BNA will communicate this information to the requesting party and attempt to reschedule the lighting pattern for another date to the extent possible based on availability.
How to Make a Request:
Requests for lighting patterns must be submitted to BNA's Communications Department via the request form. Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to BNA, One Terminal Drive, Ste. 501, Nashville, TN 37214 ATTN: Communications.