BNA Addresses COVID-19
Updated June 3, 2020
At Nashville International Airport (BNA), the safety and well-being of all our stakeholders —passengers, employees, business partners — is our highest priority. In response to the pandemic, we’ve developed and implemented an aggressive cleaning program. On top of our routine cleaning activities, the following actions have been put in place at BNA:
- An enhanced 24-hour/365-day program that adheres to CDC guidelines, including focused cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints using an EPA-approved cleaning agent as described below.
- Restrooms are closed every two hours for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Hand sanitizers (62% alcohol) are located throughout the terminal.
- Airline gate areas are cleaned regularly throughout the day, including following the last flight.
- Ventilation systems are specifically cleaned on a defined schedule.
Click here for additional details about BNA’s enhanced cleaning protocols, including new equipment and cleaning agents, as we work to keep the airport clean, safe and sanitized.
The airlines also have established in-depth protocols in response to COVID-19. Click here for detailed information.
Additionally, BNA President and CEO Doug Kreulen serves on the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force to enhance Tennessee’s coordinated efforts to prevent, identify and treat potential cases of COVID-19. BNA remains in frequent contact with officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Metro and State Health Departments and relies on the expertise of Dr. Corey Slovis, Medical Director and Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Vanderbilt University. Dr. Slovis was instrumental in developing BNA’s Communicable Disease Response Plan for Preventing the Introduction, Transmission and Spread of Communicable Diseases into the US.
BNA stands ready to implement any additional operational changes as directed by medical authorities and encourages the public to follow the prevention advice from the CDC such as thorough and frequent hand-washing, avoiding contact with anyone who is sick, practicing social distancing and covering nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
For reference, BNA encourages travelers and others to review the following information:
And please note that certain airport operations at BNA have been impacted by COVID-19, such as air service, security screening, terminal services, parking and airport events.
Flights and Airline Information:
- It’s more important than ever to check with your airline for the most up-to-date information regarding flights, as many are being canceled.
- The following airlines have temporarily suspended operations at BNA: WestJet, Air Canada, Viva Aerobus and British Airways.
- The Delta Air Lines SkyClub and American Airlines Admirals Club are temporarily closed.
- Many airlines have suspended in-flight food and beverage service, but allow passengers to bring items onboard.
- The South Checkpoint Entrance is open. Passengers can reach all gates via the South Checkpoint Entrance.
- The North Checkpoint Entrance closed in April to consolidate security screening operations and is now permanently closed due to construction.
Parking: Due to a decline in demand, the following parking lots are temporarily closed: Terminal Lot A, Economy Lot B, Economy Lot C and BNA Express Park.
- Terminal Garage (temporary reduced rate of $16/day)
- Valet Parking (temporary reduced rate of $22/day)
Dining, Retail and Other Services: Hours and availability of dining, retail and service offerings in the terminal will vary until further notice. Food, drink, souvenirs and other items for purchase are currently available at the following (subject to change):
- Wright Business Center (near South Security Entrance)
Concourses A/B Rotunda:
- Nathan’s Famous
- Freshens Smoothies & Yogurt
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Hudson News
- Parnassus Books
- Nashville Kitchen
- Pronto! Proudly Serving Green Beans Coffee (near Gate B-1)
Concourse C Rotunda:
- Hudson News (near Gate C-2)
- Fresh Attractions (near Gate C-3)
- O’Charley’s (near Gate C-9)
- Graycliff Cigar Company (near Gate C-10)
- Hudson News (near Gate C-10)
- Starbucks (near Gate C-10)
- Burger King (Concourse C Food Court, near Gate C-14)